polish versionenglish version
Main siteContactBIP
photo: Zbigniew Bzinkowski
From 1900 the narrow-gauge railway started in Jabłonna and finished in Stara Miłosna, calling at Warszawa and Karczew. It used to be drawn by horses or by steam engines and it completed the communication system of the capital city. This means of transportation moved at the maximum speed of 13,2 kph and 22 kph in not built-up areas. If one got on the train in Jabłonna they traveled through Buchnik, Buków, Dąbrówka Szlachecka, Henryków – with its Płudy and Marcelin. Then the train stopped in Wiśniewo, where its tanks were filled up with water and continued through Piekiełko (before Ekspresowa street), Żerań, Śliwice and Golędzinów. It went as far as Kierbedzia Bridge (at present called Śląsko-Dąbrowski). The train served not only the citizens but also local factories. The last train left Jabłonna in 1956.
film o dzielnicy (en)interesting placesauthoritieslong
Number of visitors: 11949     2009 © Copyright by the Office of the Bialoleka District     Design: P®ESTO