polish versionenglish version
Main siteContactBIP
German colonists, usually belonging to evangelic church used to drain the waterlogged grounds of Białołęka. Today – what remained after them – are cemeteries situated in different parts of Białołęka.

In Brzeziny one can find several tombs with legible inscriptions written in German but also in Polish, which proves that the German colonists were ultimately Polonized. The oldest tombstone dates back to 1872. There are many graves with cement framings and an obelisk-like monument in the cemetery in Kamykowa street The smaller graveyard in Augustówek consists of several stone tombs. The ones who live in the neighborhood remember about this place and on November 1st – All Saints Day – they light candles on the graves of the former inhabitants of Białołęka.
film o dzielnicy (en)interesting placesauthoritieslong
Number of visitors: 32831     2009 © Copyright by the Office of the Bialoleka District     Design: P®ESTO