polish versionenglish version
Main siteContactBIP
The chimneys of the heat and power plant, which was opened in 1954, dominate the scenery of Żerań. The oldest brick part of the building was built in the 19th-century style. As Warsaw developed, the plant was modernized several times. Its chimneys have an interesting history. In 1982, the members of the expedition to Kashmir climbed to the top of a 200-meter high chimney where they wrote “Solidarity” and painted the emblem of Fighting Poland. The chimneys have their residents too. Kestrels made their nests there.

At present, Żerań Heat and Power Plant is the second largest heating supplier for Warsaw’s residents. It supplies central heating to around 40% of Warsaw’s buildings, and electricity to around six million bulbs.
film o dzielnicy (en)interesting placesauthoritieslong
Number of visitors: 52098     2009 © Copyright by the Office of the Bialoleka District     Design: P®ESTO